Monday, May 15, 2006

What a Jackass....I mean donkey

Sen. Clinton apologizes to Chelsea for work comment

NEW YORK (AP) -- After telling an audience that young people today "think work is a four-letter word," Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said she apologized to her daughter.

"I said, 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to convey the impression that you don't work hard,"' Clinton said Sunday in a commencement address at Long Island University. "I just want to set the bar high, because we are in a competition for the future."

......

The senator said that her daughter, Chelsea, phoned to complain after learning about the comments. The 26-year-old was hired in 2003 by McKinsey & Co. as a consultant, reportedly for a six-figure salary. She received a master's degree from Oxford University after graduating from Stanford University in 2001.


First, as my wife said when I told her about the article, work *is* a four letter work. It's in the dictionary, look it up.

I'm glad that Thanksgiving will be a little more harmonious at the Clinton home, but the young people she really owes an apology to are the young people who are busting their ass every day at a crappy job to feed their families. You know, the 99.9% who aren't politically connected enough to land a 6 figure job straight out of grad school. Why doesn't she find some single moms trying to support themselves on a Wal-Mart wage and let them know what she thinks of their work ethic.

No comments: